Business Relocation Tips
You want to make sure to have business continuity and limited disruption to your daily operations while moving your business. Big Easy’s Moving can help with your business relocation and make it seamless – and as low stress as possible. Our motto isn’t “the Easiest Move You’ll Ever Make” for nothing. We can provide you with planning and packing services. We can move, disassemble and reassemble office furniture. With a bit of coordination, we can get your move done to your satisfaction.
In this article, we’ll focus on 7 top tips for ensuring a smooth business relocation so that, when the time comes for your business to make a move, you’ll want to make it with us.
- Take your time choosing the new space. You want to make a wise, well-thought-out decision here. There needs to be enough room for your expanding business and the center of operations must work for the type of business you have. Don’t necessarily go with the cheapest option; go with the one that provide s you with the best overall benefits, one that you can grow in comfortably.
- Plan, plan and plan some more. Office or business relocation requires a lot of planning. Big Easy’s can help you with some of this, but you will be making the bulk of the decisions. It’s much more complicated moving an office than a house because of all the extra people and extra equipment that needs to be moved with it. If you can, please try to plan the move for the least busy time for the business. Moves towards the end of the week also seem to work out better as employees are less stressed.
- Put someone in charge of the move. A central point of contact is wise to have. This person would make a checklist of pre-move responsibilities and help delegate to others what needs to be done. They will oversee that the projects are getting done and can keep the lines of communication open and clear. Never underestimate the power of good communication when it comes to moving an office or business.
- Start giving out your new address early. Customers, business partners, neighbors and vendors need to know you’re locating well ahead of time. Inform the public on your website’s home page. Your social media, online company profiles and by sending a mass email or snail mail to everyone. Also make sure you set up forwarding mail from the USPS so you can keep getting your post.
- Communicate with your employees that you are moving well in advance of the move. Some employees may not follow along on the move because they can’t do the commute. You’ll need to make concessions for that and have Human Resources work on hiring new people for the new location. You’ve got to give everyone ample time to decide what they’re going to do about the big move. It’s only fair.
- Ensure your furniture and computers are set. Check to make sure that your furniture is fit to make the journey. Now may be the time to upgrade. Also, have your IT department work on the computers to ensure that they will be running when you are in the new location. They may have to reconfigure mail clients which could take a while in your new place. You’ll also want to consult them as to how to best move the items.
- Pack up and give instructions so that items get to the right offices. Make sure your employees know how to label their boxes so the moving company can put the right boxes in the right place. Mark the new floor plan for the new office so that your moving company knows where everything goes.
Call us today at 512-589-7320 and see how Big Easy’s Moving can help you with your office move. We’re more than happy to talk with you.